Thursday, April 23, 2009

JumpStart - version 0.5a3.4

New version of JumpStart is available. All feedback is very appreciated.

Most notable changes:
* Added options menu to the logo button

* Added info page to the preferences window so some basic compatibility information shown


* Fixed some issues with popup showing blank (most noticeable on Linux)
* Added experimental bookmarks page - suggestions welcome




Other changes:
Supports Firefox 3.5
Fixed preferences button in the add-ons dialog
Fixed toolbar button for smaller icons
Not showing toolbar button by default
Zoom removed
Removed options menu from the main menu
Redesigned preferences window

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, unfortunately this doesn't work with Firefox 3.5b4 - although the extension page says it should, Firefox throws up an error saying that it's not compatible with 3.5b4. Can you help? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated it to support new versions of Firefox. Hopefully it should work if you try downloading it again.

    Cheers,
    Mihailo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i very enjoying your add-on, it's fast and slick. but can you change the font into something more conventional?
    There also some text glitches in the Recently Closed box, the last line is horizontally cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi arielgalula,
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I'm keeping track of all reported problems and requested features, I'll be implementing most of them in future releases.

    Cheers,
    Mihailo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a brilliant add-on but for some reason only shows 4 'Most Visited' sites and the recent bookmarks is all wrong. It has one listed that I havnt opened in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alan
    I know, that bit is a bit clunky. It worked well in my test profile, but once I started using it daily, on my "real" Firefox profile I saw it wasn't entirely correct. I will be changing that for the next release. I plan to change lots of internal functionality so I will resolve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool extension, what about translating to other languages?

    (http://www.babelzilla.org)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that Mor, I'll definitely take a look at that. I thought to introduce more languages later, but I might do it for the next release. I hope that will be end of August.
    Cheers,
    Mihailo

    ReplyDelete